Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Feeling Licked


"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again."
- Jay Leno


It's HOT, I'm twitchy and exhausted, and my kids have gone away to their dad's for the month of July.

BUT, I am happy. Today was nice.
- I bought new shoes (Birkenstocks!!! ouch$$$) for work at the recommendation of colleagues. I have to replace my nursing shoes every 6 months or I get such cramps in my feet and legs. How often do others of you have to replace your work shoes? And what do you wear?

- I got my hair cut. Short. Ahhhhhhh

- I found a sale at the Children's Place and got each of the kids (4 of them!) 2 new pants and 3 shirts for school for $160. A head start!

- I had a lemonade and read more of the captivating "Judas Strain" at Starbucks.

- Ate green beans with chili and coconut rice for summer. YUMMMMY

How do you all manage to keep your body temperature down? I need suggestions for this heat!!

8 comments:

BRAINCHEESE said...

I'm sorry...I couldn't hear your questions over my own PANTING! That's the only thing I know to do about the heat...pant like a dog. Oh, and pray SOMEBODY has airconditioning nearby...

Hope your month of July continues on a peaceful course of relaxation time without the chillins...I'm sure you miss them, but how grand is that leisure time?!?

Linda D. in Seattle

Diane J Standiford said...

Move to Seattle. Freeze wet scarf, wrap around neck and feet. Spray bottle. AC Mostly move to Seattle, I'm freezing my arst off today!!

Lisa Emrich said...

Shoes- Birk's are nice, but I have orthotic inserts for my tennis shoes. Now that's comfort.

Heat - AC!!! Squirt bottle and fan is good. Slushy drinks. Ice packs on top of head, wrists, upper back, thighs. A frozen scarf sounds good. I got one of those flack-jacket looking vests with the gel ice packs from MSAA and it's handy to have around. I've even placed an icepack inside a cap and that feels pretty good.

Oh and did I mention Air Conditioning?!!

Bear Naked said...

My solution is a nice relaxing bubble bath with a good book to read.
I can stay in there for hours.

David said...

hot stinging nettles tea! Amazing for the summer hot days. found in most health stores, it offers so much goodness.

Catz said...

Great picture!!!!!!

mdmhvonpa said...

Me? Biker boots, resole every 3 years, replace every 10 years.

As for body temp ... I got a job that keeps me in a computer server room ... frozen geek.

Cath said...

LMAO at the frog thing!

I'm sorry, I am totally inexperienced at coping with heat. Hope you cool down soon.