Tuesday, July 1, 2008
"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again."
- Jay Leno
It's HOT, I'm twitchy and exhausted, and my kids have gone away to their dad's for the month of July.
BUT, I am happy. Today was nice.
- I bought new shoes (Birkenstocks!!! ouch$$$) for work at the recommendation of colleagues. I have to replace my nursing shoes every 6 months or I get such cramps in my feet and legs. How often do others of you have to replace your work shoes? And what do you wear?
- I got my hair cut. Short. Ahhhhhhh
- I found a sale at the Children's Place and got each of the kids (4 of them!) 2 new pants and 3 shirts for school for $160. A head start!
- I had a lemonade and read more of the captivating "Judas Strain" at Starbucks.
- Ate green beans with chili and coconut rice for summer. YUMMMMY
How do you all manage to keep your body temperature down? I need suggestions for this heat!!