Sunday, March 23, 2008

Why I love animals...

Why can't I be so cute? This is my Annie last summer before she had her Stroke followed by Puppy Strangles. She's been through so much... a little dumber for the wear but happy as can be 9 months later.

She couldn't walk or even hold herself up to poop for 3 weeks... then had to have daily steroid injections for 4 months for the Puppy Strangles. All at the same time as I was beginning to realize that not all was well in my own brain... Annie came back just fine, and blesses us with endless kisses and trouble. No garbage can is safe! No underwear can hide! No nose is not a tongue receptacle!

I love her. She's my littlest inspiration.

7 comments:

Diane J Standiford said...

Awww,adorable,my last dog and best dog, was an Annie. I miss her. That pic, she doesn't even look real.

Sheila said...

and she's adorable!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable!

BRAINCHEESE said...

Looks like a little white bear to me...she is a DOG, right?!?

(and to be able to SLEEP like that, too!)

Linda D. in Seattle

Nervus Rex said...

Actually, Linda, she *is* a Bear of very Little Brain...

all stuff and fluff and love. Nothin in the noggin! :)

Cath said...

Oh Nervus Rex - I haven't been over in a while! I am so glad she is ok! What ARE Puppy Strangles?
She looks adorable.

Nervus Rex said...

Thanks everyone - she IS adorable. And a bit of a turkey... but I love her anyway :)

Puppy Strangles are an auto-immune disorder that some puppies are born with. It causes their lymph glands all over their body to swell and break through to the skin. It's very painful in their little mouths, noses, ears, and tummies. She was all ulcers! Apparently, if it doesn't get quick treatment, the puppy can suffocate from the swelling of the glands in the neck. It's horrid.

She sure was a crazy little goof on steroids for months!! Too bad I couldn't have harnessed some of that energy :)